Sunday, February 12, 2012

The 28 Day Challenge

Tomorrow marks the first day of 28, in which I will eat 100% vegan meals, proving to many nay-sayers:
1) I will NOT keel over dead after a day without meat;
2) 28 days vegan does not mean 28 days of salad;
3) The pictures I post of my meals WILL, indeed, have you salivating and unsatisfied with your fast food and frozen dinners.

I should also mention, while the market for vegan substitute products is gaining momentum, I do not intend to rely on the same old recipes by simply substituting a vegan version of my favorite meat and dairy products; these foods, while perhaps better than the alternative, are still processed and not in line with my real goals--overall health and culinary creativity--and do not make economic sense, given my limited income. 

While this is not a pledge to stave off eggs and dairy forever, this is my attempt to reduce my own consumption of un-sustainably produced, processed, and hormone infused "foods." It is also a public invitation for anyone entertaining the idea of veganism, or simply wishing to consume less meat and fewer animal bi-products--be it a meal-per-week, a vegan-until-dinner, or an all-stops-out approach--to become a more responsible consumer.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you crazy. But I'm sure you'll make some fabulous food. :)

    ReplyDelete